We're now three weeks into the year 2012. I've been giving my goals some thought and I've come up with a few for races and training. But First, the week:
10,400 yards, 4 swims, 3:54. Some good intervals this week. Pool was pretty busy.
73.4 miles, 2 rides, 3:31. (Plus 1:15 on the Y trainer). Some good cold rainy riding. Rode some new roads on Sunday out to the Charlotte Airport.
79.3 miles, 7 workouts, 8:40
I managed to achieve all but one of my goals for 2011, so hopefully I'm not setting the bar too high in 2012 but we shall see.
1) Swim 200 miles or 352,000 yards. Really just the same as last year
2) Bike 4,000 miles on the road. About a 25% increase from last year.
3) Run 1,500 miles. Again a 25% increase.
1) Ride 2:25 for 56M at Augusta (that's 23.17 mph avg)
2) Run 1:25 for 13.1M at Augusta (that's 6:29 per mile)
3) Ride 22:00 for 10M at CMS TT (that's 27.3 mph avg)
4) Run 1:20 for 13.1M at Charlotte Thunder Road Half (that's 6:06 per mile)
5) Don't drown in any Swim.
1) Top 5 AG at Charleston Half
2) Top 3 OA at Baxter Tri
3) Top 6 AG at Augusta (and Qualify for Vegas 70.3 Worlds)
4) Have fun at Rev3 FL Half
So obviously my year is geared toward Augusta 70.3 on September 30th. Rev3 FL after that will just be a fun race that I can use some good fitness I hopefully have from training for Augusta. Then the Thunder Road Half will be a bit of a measuring stick for my subsequent training for the 2013 Boston Marathon.
2013 Could be a fun 'championship' year as I've already qualified for Boston. We'll see how the rest goes.