Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Closing out March

March had its share of ups and downs.  Got some good rides in on the weekends

Swim:
27, 750 yards,  12 swims, 10:56
Missed a couple of swims.  Sick one day and didn't swim after I fell running the next day.  Pretty low total for for the month.  I haven't been doing drills because I didn't want to kick with my hip, plus I've been playing around with the watch.

Bike:
321.8 miles, 10 rides, 14:52, 21.6 mph average
Great March for riding!  No trainer rides (yeah!) Started riding on Friday nights, and doing intervals.  Shortest ride was 30M again and slowest ride was 21.1 avg.  Been keeping up good pace as well.  Did a 37M at 21.9 as well.

Getting Muddy!  Did a nice 41M ride in steady rain. HTFU!

Run:
70 miles, 13 runs, 8:21
Still only running 3 days a week.  An easy, interval, and a tempo.  Started doing bricks every Sunday as well. 

Other:
Lifting and excersises 2:50
I've begun logging my core and hip exercises.  The exercises are 10min/4 days a week.

Totals:
407.5M, 35 S/B/R workouts, 36:59

The last Sunday's tempo ride gave me a lot of confidence for the Charleston Half.  Rode 45M at 21.8, and then ran 8M at 6:27's.  I want to ride faster and run slower at Charleston, so we'll see how it goes.  The hip seems good now.  We'll see how it goes as we progress to 10M+ runs.